2004 Oct 28 11:07

[vox] Submitting Kernel USB ID patches

So apparently someone on the USCLUG list is one of the maintainers of the
usb-storage's USB ID list.  I remember someone here asked about the
procedure for submitting patches for a USB ethernet dongle and figured
this guy from USCLUG would know the proper procedures for submitting
patches for USB devices (although he maintains only the usb-storage
portion.)

So what he told me was:

  1. There's a file called "Documentataion/SubmittingPatches" that
     explains the specifics on how to submit patches.

  2. You can submit USB-related patches to

       linux-usb-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

     Subscribe to it first, of course.  You should include a description
     and a "Signed-off-by:" line in the e-mail (which I'm assuming is
     explained in the Docuemtnation/SubmittingPatches file.)

-Mark

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius