January 6: Social gathering
2004 Oct 22 13:12

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] LUGOD in search of sponsorship

[vox] Re: [vox-announce] LUGOD in search of sponsorship

Bill Kendrick wrote:
Due to recent state budget cuts, the Davis Public Library (where LUGOD meets)
will soon be charging for use of their meeting room.  This will come out to
$60 in fees per month, much more than LUGOD can currently afford.

LUGOD is now seeking sponsorship from businesses or other organizations,
either in the form of monetary donations so that we may continue meeting at
the Davis Public Library, or in the form of a new meeting place where we
can hold our regular meetings twice a month.

If you or your organization can help in either way, or if you have
suggestions of local organizations that LUGOD should approach for help,
please contact LUGOD's president, Emily Stumpf:  root@lugod.org

We have composed a letter which we'll soon be sending to local businesses,
and have created a web page with similar content here:

  http://www.lugod.org/help/
That's quite an attractive page! I like the "Some facts..." inset on the right.

That text looks awfully familiar, though. :-D

Thank you in advance for any help or suggestions you can provide!

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/
Linux Users' Group of Davis