2004 Oct 14 12:36

Re: [vox] Adobe Hiring for Linux Desktop Work

Re: [vox] Adobe Hiring for Linux Desktop Work

Edward Elliott wrote:

I was encouraged to see this posting by Adobe. When major commercial vendors start to move into this space, then you know the momentum is really increasing.

I was once told by a friend and Linux user that an Adobe salesman told him that Microsoft had pressured Adobe into dropping its plans for releasing Adobe Photoshop for Linux. This person was a big Photoshop fan, and so gave up Linux and became a Solaris user. I believe that there is a version of Adobe Photoshop for Solaris. My son is also a big Adobe Photoshop user and I believe he would probably be using Linux if there were a version of Photoshop for Linux.

I don't know if what my friend said is true. But in any event Edward's post does appear to be good news.

Bob