2004 Sep 29 11:08

[vox] Fwd: Re: Comments to CPR supporting Open Source needed!(deadline: 30 Sep.)]

----- Forwarded message from Larry Ozeran <lozeran@clinicalinformatics.com> -----

*********** BEGIN FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********

On 9/28/04 at 9:24 AM Larry Ozeran <lozeran@clinicalinformatics.com> wrote:

From: Larry Ozeran <lozeran@clinicalinformatics.com>
To: vox@lists.lugod.org, vox-announce@lists.lugod.org
Date: Tue, 28 Sep 2004 22:57:19 -0700
Subject: Re: [vox-announce] Comments to CPR supporting Open Source needed! (deadline: 30 Sep.)

Thanks to Henry, Emily, Joseph, Jonathan, and Greg for going to the CPR meeting and for creating and presenting your report. My political observations (during the last ten years) suggest physical presence carries the most influence in the capital and _each_ of you may have been considered to represent 20, 50 or even 100 interested OS supporters who could not come. Phone calls and letters are usually weighted more than fax or email, but filling out the online form should be comparable to a letter. Our government generally does listen to "the people", so the greater the public comment, the more weight it appears to be given in deliberations and final decisions. Those who want open source to have a bigger role in our government should both provide input (phone, letter, or form) and encourage friends not on these lists to do so as well. Even a single sentence like "I support greater use of open source software in state government" is helpful. I have called and written to the governor and our representatives in the past. If there are hundreds (or thousands) of responses, they often only want to know whether you are pro or con. It is important to make your supportive position clear in your first sentence.

- Larry

*********** END FORWARDED MESSAGE  ***********

----- End forwarded message -----

--