2004 Sep 28 09:42

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

Carl McCabe wrote:

Of course it would be even cooler if ResNet would get a bunch of
Linux/*BSD cds and help everybody install those, but that's another
story...

The U.C. Santa Cruz web sites I've seen mention that there are people there using Linux. There's also the Slug Lug at U.C.S.C. If I remember correctly, the Res Net people might even refer people to Slug Lug for help. I've been bugging my son to contact Slug Lug, but he doesn't seem that interested. I told him that he sould at least see if they have a demo day like LUGOD. I told him it was a great opportunity for him to start using Linux because if he had any problems they could be solved by the Slug Lug people. But given the nature of parent child relationships, I now see that I've made a mistake. What I should have been doing is bugging him to get more involved in Windows. That would have given him the chance to rebel by joining Slug Lug.

Bob