2004 Sep 27 11:22

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

Karsten M. Self said:
> on Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 11:56:13AM -0700, Robert G. Scofield
> BTW, how do students solve the catch-22 of installing SP2 before
> connecting to ResNet?  ;-)

Some plces will allow machines which are infected to only connect to the
IP ranges assigned to windows update and/or an antivirus site and/or a
campus page telling them they can download a SP from a campus cache.

In some cases, machines which appear infected with worms are just taken of
the network.

(No, this is not UCSC