2004 Sep 25 14:50

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

Richard Crawford wrote:

On Sat, 2004-09-25 at 12:54, Bill Kendrick wrote:

Someone else said, "You're fine if you're on
dial-up. If you're on dial-up you don't have to worry about any of
that."

When we had dial-up here at my house Norton Firewall blocked five attacks. The dial-up myth is based on the idea that you are not online constantly, and so are not as much of a target at the broadband user. On one of our attacks, my son got hit within 60 seconds of dialing up. He got hit before he got to the web page he was trying to find.

Bob