2004 Sep 26 04:44

Re: [vox] [OT] Length of time to infect a Windows computer?

On Sat, Sep 25, 2004 at 11:39:53AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> It led me to wonder: how long does is the average Windows PC on-line
> before it's compromised?  I'm sure that it has to do with the user's
> browsing habits and all that and the tightness of the original
> installation, but surely there are numbers on this somewhere?

IT Express on UCD campus has had occasions where the computer was
infected before Windows XP was finished installing. I believe it
was less than halfway done, but I don't recall specifically.

Colleges get fairly bombarded with viruses.

-Yamara