2004 Sep 21 22:02

Re: [vox] Make a name for yourself

Rod Roark wrote:

The news headline next to it is "Microsoft server nearly
causes 800-plane pile-up".

Speaking of Microsoft, I saw in the Bee recently that it is going to share some of its code for its Office suite. It will start out by sharing it with the British government. The article said that it has done this with Windows, but it's the first time it has done it with Office. The article said the move was a response to pressure from Linux. The article also mentioned two governments that recently chose Windows over open source OS's. One government was a British city, and I can't remember the other.

Bob