2004 Sep 12 13:53

[vox] OT: where to buy a used monitor?

Hello,

  I'm new to Davis and I'm yet without a monitor for my FreeBSD
machine.  I moved from Nebraska and decided not to bring my old
monitor along because I was concerned it would put my little car over
the maximum weight limit on I-80.  The plan now is to get a used
monitor to tide me over until the lottery winnings start rolling in.

  Can anyone on this list give me suggestions about where to look for
a used monitor (or computer parts in general)?  I don't know much
about Davis or the surrounding areas so I'm not sure where the local
dealhunters will be looking.  Does the University have any sort of
inventory auction?  Any advice I could get would be great help--I'm
stuck on my wife's XP laptop at the moment and I'm more than happy to
let her have it back.

  Thanks in advance!
Carl

P.S. If I'm writing to the wrong list for this type of question,
please let me know (and, if so, I appologize in advance).