2004 Sep 09 11:53

Re: [vox] Link from Ramakrishnan J Iyer

On Thursday 09 September 2004 09:45 am, Rod Roark rod-at-sunsetsystems.com
|lugod| wrote:
> On Thursday 09 September 2004 09:20 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:03:19AM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> > > Better yet, I just set the LUGOD mail server to reject all
> > > connections from namesdatabase.com.
> >
> > Huh... Wow, did that thing actually subscribe to the list to be able to
> > post to it, or...?
>
> On the surface it appears that this person (in India) subscribed
> to the list and then told the namesdatabase.com service that
> it's one of his "friends".
>
> However the motivation for doing that is elusive.  The primary
> effect is that the list has been spammed with the name of the
> service (which doubtless wants to become better known), so
> perhaps that was the intent.

"In addition to getting a Basic Membership, you can upgrade to a Blue
Membership, which allows you to send messages to people listed in [REDACTED].
You can currently get a Blue Membership for 12 months by paying just $12 USD
or for free by referring more friends."

Fscking referal program. Has someone sent the guy's ISP a LART?

Also available at http://www.XXXXXXX/~ryan/ryan_at_mother_dot_com.asc