2004 Sep 09 11:27

Re: [vox] Link from Ramakrishnan J Iyer

On Thursday 09 September 2004 09:20 am, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Sep 09, 2004 at 04:03:19AM -0700, Rod Roark wrote:
> > Better yet, I just set the LUGOD mail server to reject all
> > connections from namesdatabase.com.
>
> Huh... Wow, did that thing actually subscribe to the list to be able to
> post to it, or...?

On the surface it appears that this person (in India) subscribed
to the list and then told the namesdatabase.com service that
it's one of his "friends".

However the motivation for doing that is elusive.  The primary
effect is that the list has been spammed with the name of the
service (which doubtless wants to become better known), so
perhaps that was the intent.

-- Rod