January 6: Social gathering
2004 Sep 07 13:25

Re: [vox] Article: "Microsoft acknowledges Linux threat"

Re: [vox] Article: "Microsoft acknowledges Linux threat"

I think you had the wrong link in your clipboard. :-)

The page I get is entitled "It's rAge time again."

Bill Kendrick wrote:

Microsoft acknowledges Linux threat
http://www.sundaytimes.co.za/business/technology/Tech7.asp

  Microsoft says 2005 could be a difficult year, as Linux continues to
  pinch customers from the software giant.

  In a report filed with the US Securities and Exchange Commission,
  the company says it recognises the threat posed by its open source
  competitor.

  "To the extent open source software products gain increasing market
  acceptance, sales of our products may decline, which could result in a
  reduction in our revenue and operating margins."

;)

R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net