2004 Sep 07 16:31

Re: [vox] OT: grass fires

Rob Rogers wrote:
I've got a nice fireproof safe that I try (try being the key word) to
put my backups into. It's just a small document safe, just barely larger
than an 8.5x11 paper and maybe 4 inches deep. Add on an inch or two on
each side for insulation, and it's really not all that big. They only
cost around $30-40 IIRC.
My understanding is that "fireproof" safes are designed only to keep paper documents safe through an "average" fire and CDR/RW's (and probably tapes) would melt or at least be rendered unreadable in the same fire.

Paul