2004 Sep 04 21:13

Re: [vox] OT: grass fires

On Fri, 3 Sep 2004, Ken Bloom wrote:

I'm home in Sunnyvale, and it was quite an adventure, finally arriving
2 hours late because of the grass fire in Vacaville.

When I left Davis, there was a grass fire on 113 near Russell, a hop
skip and a jump from my apartment. Anybody know how bad it got, and
whether they've got it out? (It didn't reach my apartment, thank god
-- if it had then I wouldn't be writing this over SSH on the computer
in my apartment)

According to the news it was contained, but some buildings were damaged. News10 makes it sound like the complexes were okay, but a private home got badly damaged. I was actually avoiding the area because my asthma is bad enough from this dust, didn't need smoke on top of it. Links:

http://www.thekcrachannel.com/news/3705642/detail.html
http://www.news10.net/storyfull1.asp?id=7981