2004 Sep 04 00:04

[vox] [vox-admmapsin@lists.lugod.org]

Ooh... not cool. It seems we need to take more drastic measures in
spam-guarding our e-mail addresses: our addresses seem to be getting
harvested. I just got a trojan mail that claimed to be from
"vox-admmapsin". It didn't come from LUGOD servers (naturally), but
somebody probably got my e-mail from the members list.

This is, of course, just one of some fifty or so spams I get every day
or two, but I just thought folks should be aware. I've been seeing
this sort of thing more often lately: people finally getting wise to
the simple spam guards.

--
Micah J. Cowan
micah@cowan.name

<<< message/external-body; access-type=x-mutt-deleted;expiration="Fri, 3 Sep 2004 16:57:23 -0700"; length=29983: Unrecognized >>>
--- End Message ---