2004 Sep 01 11:55

Re: [vox] FWD: How Linux helps Microsoft

Re: [vox] FWD: How Linux helps Microsoft

Micah J. Cowan wrote:
On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:58:58AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:

Here is an excerpt:

"Microsofties say they were more worried about Linux a few years ago, when it was a truly free program, spreading on its own, from user to user, like a virus. Now that Linux costs real money, and is sold by buttoned-down blue suits from IBM and Novell, Microsoft feels more confident. Microsoft has beaten these guys, badly, in operating system wars before."

Why read the rest, when it is amazingly clear that the author hasn't
the beginnings of a clue? Neither sentence is even remotely connected
to reality, though there are clear connections to apparently
successful MS FUD.

I sent him this link:

http://news.com.com/2008-1082_3-5065859.html?tag=lh

It says it all. :-)