2004 Sep 01 10:31

Re: [vox] FWD: How Linux helps Microsoft

Re: [vox] FWD: How Linux helps Microsoft

Bill Kendrick wrote:

On Wed, Sep 01, 2004 at 09:58:58AM -0700, R. Douglas Barbieri wrote:

"Microsofties say they were more worried about Linux a few years ago, when it was a truly free program, spreading on its own, from user to user, like a virus.

Yeah, right.  They've pretty much been following the Ghandi quote:
then you win."

Now that Linux costs real money, and is sold by buttoned-down blue suits from IBM and Novell, Microsoft feels more confident. Microsoft has beaten these guys, badly, in operating system wars before."

Huh, I always thought it helped to legitamized Linux... not that people
all over the world wouldn't still be using and improving Linux and OSS
regardless.

Must I bring up my pizza analogy _again_? :)
Sure. Please do. I must respond to this. :-)

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.

R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net
http://www.dooglio.net
begin:vcard