2004 Sep 02 22:50

[vox] FWD: How Linux helps Microsoft

Hey all,

I was sent this link by someone I know who is decidely anti-Linux.

http://www.forbes.com/2004/08/31/cz_dl_0831msft.html

I'd like to know what vox-ites would say to this article. It appears pretty slanted, but the one point I like is that Microsoft (and it's customers!) will benefit from competition. Linux is the only OS to give them a run for their money.

Here is an excerpt:

"Microsofties say they were more worried about Linux a few years ago, when it was a truly free program, spreading on its own, from user to user, like a virus. Now that Linux costs real money, and is sold by buttoned-down blue suits from IBM and Novell, Microsoft feels more confident. Microsoft has beaten these guys, badly, in operating system wars before."

--
R. Douglas Barbieri
doug@dooglio.net