2004 Aug 31 16:14

[vox] [fwd] [Next SacLUG meeting] Mosix on Sep 8

[vox] [fwd] [Next SacLUG meeting] Mosix on Sep 8

----- Forwarded message from Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> -----

Next SacLUG meeting is on Mosix.
Wed, Sep 8
7-9pm.

I have a class on wednesday, so I might see if I can switch it to thurs.
I'll see what Milton (Our Mosix presenter) and Kelly Miner think. Any
thoughts on thursday?

----- End forwarded message -----

Taken from the SacLUG.org website:

  MOSIX is a cluster management system that can make an x86 Linux
  cluster run like a single high performance parallel computer. It is
  particularly useful to run intensive computing and massive I/O
  applications.

  In a MOSIX cluster there is no need to modify or to link applications
  with any library, or even to assign processes to different nodes,
  MOSIX does it automatically - just fork and forget, like in an SMP.

  MOSIX supports different cluster types, including clusters with
  different CPU speeds, like our 72 processors cluster

Enjoy!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com            Man, some trip this turned out to be.
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       All we caught is a tire, a boot,
New Breed Software                    a tin can and this book of cliches.