2004 Aug 24 09:00

Re: [vox] fwd: laptop question

On Mon, Aug 23, 2004 at 08:20:33PM -0700, Henry House wrote:
> Aaron: I am forwarding your message to our Vox mailing list. Vox members: if
> you want to reply to Aaron, please copy him, since he is not subscribed.
>

> Arron Daugherty <arron2020@hotmail.com> wrote on Tue, 24 Aug 2004
> 01:55:48 +0000:
> >
> > Hello. I sorry I know this isn't an emergency but I'm not sure who
> > to direct this question to. I'm currently in the market for a new
> > laptop computer. As I move to a new machine I would also like to
> > give linux a chance as well, but I'm not sure how to find out
> > which laptops are linux compatible. Do you know any manufacturers
> > who tend to be linux friendly? Any advice sent to
> > arron2020@hotmail.com, would be appreciated. Thanks

Just last week, we had Linux Certified (www.linuxcertified.com) come
to talk about Linux laptops at our meeting. Linux Certified (in
addition to offering linux training) sells laptops with Linux
preinstalled. Getting Linux preinstalled is the #1 way to make sure
you have the best hardware compatibility possible.

EmperorLinux (www.emperorlinux.com) also sells preinstalled Linux
Laptops.

I don't think there's any reason to suspect that Windows wouldn't run
on these laptops, considering market dynamics.

My key was last signed 08/18/2004. If you use GPG *please* see me about