January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 18 12:55

Re: [vox] Nov. 2nd meeting

På onsdag, 18 augusti 2004, skrev R. Douglas Barbieri:
[...]
> We could have a "meeting" over at Crepeville instead. :-) Sort of a
> wireless lan party (bring your laptop).

That could be fun.

> Speaking of linux on laptops, I had to miss the last meeting. :-( How
> was it?

It was pretty good. The speaker seemsd very knowledgeable about the topic.
He discussed how to work around BIOS bugs, how to get laptop video chipsets
to work, licensing problems, and other laptop-specific issues. It was quite
educational for me, since I had not previously thought about any of those
issues much.

--
Henry House