January 6: Social gathering
2004 Aug 12 09:09

Re: [vox] HTML Editors

Thank you.

I will check out the amaya information you supplied.

Appreciate the info.

Bill

Norm Matloff wrote:

I may be a diehard, but I do use that last choice Bill Kendrick
mentioned--Vim. Needless to say, I've developed a bunch of Vim macros
appropriate for HTML, and use those.
To see my work as I go, I do Refresh on my browser. If you really want
to automate things, you can automate the Refresh too, as follows:
Use the Vim :make command, and in the makefile include an action

netscape -remote 'openURL(x.html)'

(assuming your HTML file is named x.html); this will automatically
Refresh any Netscape-family browser, including Mozilla and Firefox.

I also have used Amaya quite a bit. If you like to stick with open
source and think using Vim, even with tools added as above, is too
primitive, then I strongly recommend Amaya. I have a quick introductory
tutorial for it at http://heather.cs.ucdavis.edu/~matloff/amaya.html
Norm