2004 Aug 12 12:32

Re: [vox] [Article] Why Can't We Get a Slimmer Windows XP?

On Wed, Aug 11, 2004 at 10:09:08PM -0700, Michael J Wenk wrote:
> Isn't that the entire point of ANY for profit company?  Without profits,
> a company is impotent and fairly useless.  Even in its hayday, Hewlett
> Packard(a company that many respected because it treated both the world
> it was in and its workers very well) still had profit on its mind.  I'm
> sorry, but that has got to be the most obvious statement I have read in
> weeks.

Hehe, good point.  Of course, there's "making a profit" and there's
"reeming your customers", and probably not a very thick or dark line
between the two (depending on your point of view -- that of the
consumer, or that of the business).

What other obvious stuff can I say? ;)