2004 Aug 11 22:09

[vox] [Article] Why Can't We Get a Slimmer Windows XP?

An article about how MS is providing "XP Starter Edition" in countries
where people don't typically buy their copies of Windows, and where
Linux is taking off...  But not in the US... :^)

  Why Can't We Get a Slimmer Windows XP?
  By Steven J. Vaughan-Nichols, August 11, 2004

    "To me, this shows that Microsoft's first concern isn't the good
    of its customers, nor knocking off Linux; it's all about preserving
    its bottom line. Linux just happens to be the latest threat. Microsoft
    loyalists should keep that in mind as they're shelling out money for
    their next Windows update."

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com            "Avoid missing ball for high score"
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/