2004 Aug 05 08:42

Re: [vox] Re: I'm on (web) TV!

On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:42:17AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Thu, Aug 05, 2004 at 12:23:53AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> > -bill!
> > (now, to figure out how to DOWNLOAD, rather than stream... for posterity! ;) )
>
> Hehe, thanks to Google and SVLUG's archives, it's
> "mplayer -dumpstream mms://...."   :^) Sweet!

also check out mimms (Only works on mms:// streams though, I believe)

rob@minerva:~$ apt-cache show mimms
Package: mimms
 MiMMS, formerly called "mmsclient", is a simple client to download
 streaming audio and/or video media from the internet using the MMS
 protocol (i.e. from mms:// type URLs, generally found in asx files).
 Downloaded streams can then be replayed offline at your leisure,
 using any compatible media player of your choice.