2004 Aug 04 11:09

[vox] Tutorial teaches Linux fundamentals

[vox] Tutorial teaches Linux fundamentals

Speaking of learning Linux, I just saw this over at DesktopLinux.com:

  Tutorial teaches Linux fundamentals

    This free online tutorial at IBM's developerWorks website is
    intended to prepare you to take the Linux Professional Institute's
    Exam 101 Release 2. In this first in a series of four tutorials on the
    101 exam, the author introduces you to bash (the standard Linux
    command line shell), shows you how to take full advantage of standard
    Linux commands such as ls, cp, and mv, explains Linux's permission and
    ownership model, and much more. By the end of the tutorial, you'll
    have a solid grounding in Linux fundamentals and will be ready to
    begin learning some basic Linux system administration tasks, according
    to the tutorial's introduction.

    Access the tutorial here:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/l-dw-linux-lpir21-i.html?S_TACT=104AHW61&S_CMP=GR&ca=dgr-lnxw1504lpiFundamentals

    (Requires free registration.)