2004 Jun 30 19:46

Re: [vox] Time for a refresher talk on PGP/GPG? :)

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 05:02:26PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> As for TLS, TLS protects email against being snooped by someone with a
> packet sniffer. I think the odds of that kind of attack are *far* smaller
> than the odds of my email getting read off the servers it's stored on, so
> using TLS would either be very useless, or it would give people a false
> sense of security.

Well, it's a nice amount of safety when, say, stealing your neighbors...
err.. I mean, using an open wireless network at a cafe. ;^)

But yeah, that's only part of it.  If someone (same person, or some
other Bad Guy) can sniff between one mail server and another, it's pretty
useless.

<snip>
Your signature says:
> ***** My computer can't give you viruses by email. ***

Uh-yup!  If only anti-virus software could realize this.  >:^&
*sigh*