2004 Jun 30 17:08

Re: [vox] Time for a refresher talk on PGP/GPG? :)

On 2004.06.30 16:47, Bill Kendrick wrote:
On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:35:32PM -0700, Ken Bloom wrote:
> P.S. I'll take encryption more seriously when you tell me where I can

> find vox@lists.lugod.org's public key.

Some of us have discussed how a list could work with GPG.

Of course, GPG encrypting a public, archived, open list isn't exactly
_useful_, you know.  Right? ;)
That's why I bothered to suggest it. (Although what I wanted to do was send that message GPG-encrypted to the list so that *nobody* could read it, and it would have a subject line that conveyed the entire point I wanted to make.)

As for TLS, TLS protects email against being snooped by someone with a packet sniffer. I think the odds of that kind of attack are *far* smaller than the odds of my email getting read off the servers it's stored on, so using TLS would either be very useless, or it would give people a false sense of security.