2004 Jun 25 18:28

Re: [vox] Heresy! AOL on Linux?

Having chatted with my sister a bit, I find that the two major features
she wants to keep from AOL are:

1.  Her e-mail address (she says she's had it for so long it would be too
much of a hassle to change it; though I figure it would be nice to have a
new e-mail address that isn't inundated by spam); and

2.  She frequents several AOL role-playing chatrooms which, she says, can
only be accessed directly from AOL.  I don't know about that one; I've
never had a problem getting into AOL chat rooms from GAIM, but I haven't
tried very many either.

Yeah, I'd love to install Linux with KDE on her machine, but I don't think
it's going to happen.  Ah, well.  :-(

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)