2004 Jun 25 12:10

Re: [vox] More IE exploits

Rod Roark wrote:

We now seem to be at the point where an informed person
would have to be certifiably insane to use IE.

Yeah, but I've got a problem. I'm paying $159 a month for an online legal research program, and I can't get full functionality unless I use IE. I can use other browers, but I have to give up certain functions. Of course that's not to say I'm not certifiably insane.

And I have an even worse problem. I'm the only person on this list who doesn't use Linux. I am now an ex-Linux user because I've got a motherboard problem. It's been "fixed" to the extent what Windows98 now works, but the timing is off and Linux will not run. And with a kid to put through college starting next fall, I can't afford a new computer. I* really* miss Linux. On the other hand with just being able to use Windows, I don't spend as much time on the computer at night and so do more reading.

Bob