January 6: Social gathering
2004 Jun 22 22:43

Re: [vox] [OT] Freeborn hall address?

On Tue, 22 Jun 2004, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> On Tue, Jun 22, 2004 at 07:45:29PM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> > On Mapquest.com, it's dead on spot (more or less) over Freeborn Hall.  If
> > you ask for directions it tells you to go through Howard Way, which is
> > what you probably wanna do anyway since that's where the visitor center is
> > (although the parking structure on Howard Way isn't open to the public
> > until past certain hours and on holidays.)
>
> Thanks Mark.  So, where SHOULD volunteers park, if we have a booth at STC?
> Event is from Sunday thru Tues.

On Sunday, they can park at the parking structure on Howard Way.  It's
normally free on Sundays, but because of STC they may charge.  Look for
signs.

On Monday and Tuesday, unload at the end of Howard Way (unless someone
else knows a better spot for unloading.)  There should be signs directing
STC visitors where to park, but if not they'll have to park at one of the
visitor parkings and walk.  They'll undoubtedly be charged for parking,
but if they're volunteering only for one or two hours they can park on B
street and walk to Freeborn Hall.  There's also a limited number of meter
parkings in the parking structure.

Further campus parking information and map is available from TAPS:

   http://taps.ucdavis.edu/
   http://taps.ucdavis.edu/parking/info/cpark.jpg

On the map, areas marked "VP" are visitor parkings ($6/day during school
hours.)  If the volunteers have a hard time finding parking they might
wanna know that VP1 is the easiest place to park (because it's so far away
from everything nobody likes to park there.)

-Mark =)

--
Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius