2004 Jun 07 14:27

[vox] All sorts of upcoming LUG events!

The next two weeks are chock full of interesting LUG and UG meetings,
so I thought I'd post them here for folks who might be interested.
(They can also be found at http://www.lugod.org/calendar/ of course!)

Tue June 8
North Bay LUG meeting, Sebastopol
http://www.nblug.org/

  Introduction to Drupal

  "A dynamic web site platform which allows an individual or community
  of users to publish, manage and organize a variety of content,
  Drupal integrates many popular features of content management systems,
  weblogs, collaborative tools and discussion-based community software
  into one easy-to-use package." - from www.drupal.org

Tue June 8
ACCU meeting, San Jose
http://www.accu-usa.org/

  What's coming in the new C 9x standard and why

  John is the Chairman of the C Standards Committee (ISO WG11). He
  will discuss what is happening in the latest C Standard and
  proposals.  You will also get to ask questions and get real answers on
  C language issues.

Thur June 10
Computer History Museum event, Mountain View
http://www.computerhistory.org/events/

  Then and Now: Computer Graphics in Games

  Sponsored by NVIDIA Corporation
  Speakers: Jordan Mechner, Rand Miller, and Will Wright with Vince Broady

Wed June 16   [note: atypical meeting day!]
Sacramento LUG meeting
http://www.saclug.org/

  Brian Lavender talks about SA-Exim

  Exim SpamAssassin at SMTP time
  http://marc.merlins.org/linux/exim/sa.html

Wed June 16
East Bay LUG meeting, Fremont
http://www.eblug.org/

  The folks from Panasas storage systems for scalable Linux clusters.
  http://www.panasas.com/

I was initially planning to make the ACCU meeting this week, but as I'm in
Davis all this week, and now have stuff going on Tuesday night,
I'm gonna miss it.

Anyway, enjoy!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com              C is like an industrial strength
http://www.newbreedsoftware.com/       nail gun; if wielded improperly,
New Breed Software                       it can cause untold carnage.