2004 Jun 04 17:39

Re: [vox] So, no on STC?

On Fri, Jun 04, 2004 at 02:45:02PM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> So since _noone_ from LUGOD, SacLUG or RoseLUG said they'd be interested
> in us all having a booth at the technical writers conference (which is at
> UC Davis later this summer), I'm guessing I should just tell them
> "thanks anyways"???...

I was on the board of directors of STC's Sacramento chapter a few years
back, and normally would be pleased to staff a booth on behalf of the
local LUGs.

However, I'm gonna be out of town that weekend :^(

Just an additional plug, here: this is the STC Region 8 conference
(all of California and Nevada), not the (mostly local) Writer in the
Workplace conference that we've been involved with in the past. That
means a *lot* more people from a wider geographic area will be
attending. It'll be an excellent place to make contacts and get out
the word about the wonders of FOSS.

--
Marc Elliot Hall
P.O. Box 435