2004 Jun 03 13:46

Re: [vox] [fwd] KQED program on open source [last night]

On Thu, Jun 03, 2004 at 10:23:07AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

>   Mozilla + KDE + OpenOffice.org + Linux kernel + tools + other stuff
>   Hard for one person to make that.

Actually, OpenOffice WAS made by one person originally, a guy in
Germany.  He called it StarOffice at the time, and he sold it to Sun,
which still sells it under that name.  Meanwhile, an open source branch
was also opened up, resulting in OpenOffice, so now it's a group effort.
But I believe originally all the code was written by that one guy.

Norm