January 6: Social gathering
2004 May 18 06:51

[vox] [fwd] Our (CDC) cluster got Slashdotted

Coo'!  Brian's kinda famous!  Sorta ;^)

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com> -----

Date: Mon, 17 May 2004 12:14:45 -0700
From: Brian Lavender <brian@brie.com>
Subject: [Lug-nuts] Our (CDC) cluster got Slashdotted
To: Lug Nuts <lug-nuts@saclug.org>

This is probably old news to everyone (Just got back from New York where
we did another cluster), but this is the cluster I worked on. I scripted
much of the build, burn-in, benchmark process.

http://slashdot.org/articles/04/05/14/0152254.shtml?tid=106&tid=126&tid=185

Much of LLNL's tools are GPL. The cluster uses LLNL's distro (CHAOS) and
the imaging tools is LLNL's YACI. You can find more details about them
at LLNL's website.

http://www.llnl.gov/linux/

brian
--