2004 May 17 10:43

[vox] [OT] You, too, can learn how to make crappy web applications

[vox] [OT] You, too, can learn how to make crappy web applications

My friend just forwarded this to me.  What amused him so much is the fact
that the previous page was touting how the class was going to teach how to
make secure and robust web applications using .NET :^)

Anyway, he insisted I post it somewhere, so I figured LUGOD'd find it
amusing...

-bill!

----- Forwarded message from Sterba -----

Ok. So I register for the .NET class by going to the Microsoft website...

I go to the next page.

I enter my credit card info.

I click submit.

I get the Microsoft-certified confirmation:
(scroll down to see it)

Server Error in '/Get.NETconnected' Application.

The transport failed to connect to the server.

Exception Details: System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException: The
transport failed to connect to the server.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current
web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception
can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[COMException (0x80040213): The transport failed to connect to the server.
]

[TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the target of an
invocation.]
   System.RuntimeType.InvokeDispMethod(String name, BindingFlags
invokeAttr, Object target, Object[] args, Boolean[] byrefModifiers, Int32
culture, String[] namedParameters) +0
   System.RuntimeType.InvokeMember(String name, BindingFlags invokeAttr,
Binder binder, Object target, Object[] args, ParameterModifier[] modifiers,
CultureInfo culture, String[] namedParameters) +473
   System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
methodName, Object[] args) +58

[HttpException (0x80004005): Could not access 'CDO.Message' object.]
   System.Web.Mail.LateBoundAccessHelper.CallMethod(Object obj, String
methodName, Object[] args) +113
   System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(MailMessage message) +1846
   System.Web.Mail.CdoSysHelper.Send(String from, String to, String
subject, String messageText) +74
   System.Web.Mail.SmtpMail.Send(String from, String to, String subject,
String messageText) +168
   ISVTouchdown.Confirm.Page_Load(Object sender, EventArgs e) +3051

Version:1.1.4322.573

----- End forwarded message -----

--
bill@newbreedsoftware.com              C is like an industrial strength