2004 May 17 07:00

Re: [vox] [OT] Budget Surplus - How Do I Spend It?

On Fri, May 14, 2004 at 08:54:11AM -0700, Richard Crawford wrote:
> Easy!  Spend it all on converting your operations from Windows to Linux.
> $200K should do just nicely.

It's not just our operations... it's the fact that we're supporting a
large, installed customer base on a Windows platform. If you can
convince all of the hospitals in California and a large plurality of
those in other States to convert to a Linux platform (just to use our
software) for $200k or less, I'll personally fund your operation out
of my own pocket. ;^)

> Either that, or you could buy me a Jaguar S-Type 4.2.  You know, with the
> V8 engine and manual transmission.

Don't think that I didn't have similar aspirations when I heard about
this. :^) Unfortunately, the money can't be spent on hardware :^(

> I'm just sayin'.
>
> --
> Sláinte,
> Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)
> http://www.mossroot.com   http://www.stonegoose.com/catseyeview
> "It is only with our heart that we can see clearly.  What is essential is
> invisible to the eye."  --Antoine de Saint Exupery

Marc Elliot Hall
P.O. Box 435
Shingle Springs, CA 95682
www.hallmarc.net