2004 May 05 12:08

[vox] Article: "SCO Group Lawsuit Appears Unfounded, Says NRF"

[vox] Article: "SCO Group Lawsuit Appears Unfounded, Says NRF"

Non-techies are beginning to notice that the SCO suit is a load of bunk...

  National Retail Federation News Release
  The Voice of Retail Worldwide

  "SCO Group Lawsuit Appears Unfounded, Says NRF"

  Within the last year, The SCO Group has claimed Intellectual
  Property rights to parts of the Linux operating system. Within the
  last few months, The SCO Group has threatened legal action against
  several major retailers for using Linux. The SCO Group claims that
  they hold the copyright to Unix and believes that retailers who use
  Linux violate SCO's copyright.

Irritatingly long URL:

http://www.nrf.com/content/default.asp?folder=press/release2004&file=scosuit0504.htm&bhcp=1&bhqs=1

NRF CIO sez:

  "...The National Retail Federation believes the claims by The SCO
  Group are without merit."

Also, I may have simply been offline too much, but I haven't seen daily
SCO news on Slashdot lately.  Obviously dropping from the radar, it seems.
Good to see!

-bill!
(do you know the way to san jose?)