2004 Apr 28 11:14

Re: [vox] What would you include?

Jonathan Stickel said:

> I actually don't see GNUWin's large program set as being a problem.  I
> understand the potential of being overwhelmed, but the html interface of
>  GNUWin does a good job with keeping it under control and guiding the
> user.  You may want to highlight the more significant programs (Mozilla,
>  OpenOffice.org) either with a separate handout or written on the CD
> label.  If you are handing out a CD, it might as well be full!

Actually, you might be right; there will be people there ranging from
complete computer newbies to at least one Windows NT administrator who's
interested in learning a bit more.

Is there any way to know what's currently on the CD version, or see a
screenshot of the html interface?  I've only ever downloaded programs
straight from the site.

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)