2004 Apr 19 15:05

[no subject]

   Permission has been given to use the official logo on clothing (shirts,
   hats, etc) as long as they are made by a Debian developer and not sold
   for profit.

Regarding the swirl logo:

   This logo or a modified version may be used by anyone to refer to the
   Debian project, but does not indicate endorsement by the project.

Apparently the genie bottle is for "official" use only and the swirl is
for open use.  Clever.  Interesting that I've never seen the genie bottle
logo before... even on a Debian developer business card =P

-Mark

On Sun, 18 Apr 2004, Marianne Waage wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 17, 2004 at 01:38:15AM -0700, Mark K. Kim wrote:
> >   * My other distro is Debian.  =)
>
> Actually, thinking about this, is Debian and associated symbol
> copyrighted? I checked out the BSD daemon, and he is (though probably
> a quick email to the creator would get use of it).
>
> Weird. I guess the debian genie bottle is for official use only.
> The name "Debian" is also trademarked, but I guess free for use
> with the "Open Use" swirl logo.
>
> I always wondered about that genie bottle...
>
> -yams, "i use debian"

Mark K. Kim
AIM: markus kimius
Homepage: http://www.cbreak.org/