2004 Apr 12 10:48

[vox] Volunteers for GTC (tentative!)

As mentioned numerous times recently, LUGOD is looking into getting space
at the Government Technology Conference in Sacramento again this year.
(We attended last year, and it was a great event!)

While we haven't heard back as to if they have any space for us to attend
for cheap, I thought it would be good to try and get an idea of how many
people would be interested in volunteering.

The exhibit hall will be open Wed. May 12th thru Fri. May 14th.
(See http://www.govtech.net/events/ for the full details)

A number of folks from SacLUG and RoseLUG helped out last year (thanks!),
and so I've hit up their mailing lists to see if anyone wants to help
again this year, if we end up making it.

If you can help volunteer (or burn discs, or...), please contact me
privately.  I've put up a page regarding GTC (looks like the WEF one ;^) )
and will keep track of volunteers there:

  http://www.lugod.org/projects/gtc/

For those who didn't make GTC last year, and never saw the photos, you can
check them out here:

  http://www.lugod.org/photos/2003.05.14/

I REALLY hope we can make this event again this year.  We got a TON of
traffic, and with the way Linux continues to grow, it's only going to get
better. :^)

-bill!
pr@lugod.org
http://www.lugod.org/