2004 Apr 10 17:05

Elections (was re: [vox] Mailing list subscriptions)

On Sat, Apr 10, 2004 at 01:34:33AM -0700, Bill Kendrick wrote:

> I was just poking in LUGOD's mailing lists, and thought it might be
> interesting to note how many people are subscribed to each of our lists:

Actually,t hat reminds me.  We have ~200+ people subscribed to our various
mailing lists, but over 400 people on the members page.  Not everyone who
has signed up as a member is obviously on the lists.  But more importantly,
not everyone who is on the lists has signed up as a member.

Since elections are coming soon, and there will be at least one position
with multiple people running for it, we'll have to do online voting once
again.  This is handled by mailing out secret codes to everyone on the
members list...

So, if you're on the MAILING lists, but haven't ever filled out a membership
form, and are interested in taking part in the upcoming elections, please
contact me privately and we can get your info up!

At the moment, we just keep track of:

  Name
  Email
  Website URL
  Interests/Expertise
  Occupation
  When you joined LUGOD

And whether or not you want this listed online.  (You can also have all of
the above, EXCEPT your email, listed, if you'd like.)

-bill!
(with the 'webmaster@lugod.org' hat on, I guess :) )