2004 Apr 08 13:59

[vox] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

[vox] Connecting to a remote Oracle database

I'm having a devil of a time trying to find out how to connect to a remote
Oracle database from my Linux computer.  Specifically...

1.  The Oracle database that I work with is located on a Solaris server
    here in Sacramento, but I live in Dixon.

2.  Tomorrow I need to work at home to await the arrival of an important
    package that FedEx won't leave without a signature.

3.  My computer at home runs Fedora Core 1.  I have Tora installed, and
    would like to connect to my work database from home so I can do some
    stored procedure programming using something besides Telnet to log in
    to the server to use SQL*Plus.

Anyone know where I can find the information that I need to set this up,
including firewall settings, etc.?

--
Sláinte,
Richard S. Crawford (AIM: Buffalo2K)