2004 Mar 24 11:45

[vox] Re: Printer recommendation

I have a Samsung laser printer that works nicely with Linux. It has a USB connection and shipped with Linux drivers. I've also recommended Samsung printers to several friends. Haven't had any problems yet. You can find them on sale for around $100 after rebates. The only catch is the toner cartridge that it comes with is small and when it runs out the full-size replacement toner cartridge costs around $60-70. Still cheaper than ink-jet cartridges in the long run though.

Charles

Message: 1
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2004 13:20:45 -0800
From: Bill Kendrick <nbs@sonic.net>
To: LUGOD <vox@lists.lugod.org>
Subject: [vox] Printer recommendation

I haven't looked into getting a printer for use with Linux for a number of
years.  Can anyone recommend a well-supported, easy-to-install-and-use
and inexpensive inkjet?

My dad needs a printer (so far, he says he "likes [his Linux box] more
and more" ;^) ), and has a friend who owns a computer shop that can
recommend one.  I told him I'd ask around the LUGs, but also pointed them
to the LinuxPrinting.org website, and mentioned that HP now supports inkjets
(via hpinkjet.sf.net).

Thx in advance!

-bill!
bill@newbreedsoftware.com          Check out the new, improved Tux Paint site!