2004 Mar 23 20:42

Re: [vox] (OT) Online Banking Using Mozilla

On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 04:43:37PM -0800, Bill Kendrick wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 23, 2004 at 04:12:32PM -0800, Marc Elliot Hall wrote:
> > I've used Wells Fargo online banking for quite a while now. Until today,
> > I've been able to login and access all functions using Mozilla on
> > Windows 98 and Windows 2000, as well as using KDE and GNOME on Linux.
>
> Hrm, just tested with Mozilla 1.5 under WinXP Professional
> ( Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.5) Gecko/20031007 )
> and was able to login and see my account balance just fine.

I changed the user-agent string in prefs.js to pretend I was IE, and got
in. Then, I changed it back to the default, and could *still* get in.
Maybe my whining had an effect, or maybe it's a coincidence.

> I hope nothing has changed.  I use Konqueror 3.2 99% of the time at home,
> and aforementioned version of Mozilla on my work laptop.

Yea, I hope they've fixed it, too.

--
Marc Elliot Hall
P.O. Box 435