2004 Mar 19 11:24

Re: [vox] ISO: Good programming language to teach an 8yr old

On Fri, Mar 19, 2004 at 10:42:48AM -0800, dylan wrote:
> what about PHP?

Hrm.  Might be neat to actually teach him some PHP and HTML down the
road, but in the meantime, I was thinking something a little simpler.

(Not that PHP, in the basic usage -- like how I use it -- isn't pretty
trivial... I've just never used it for anything but simple web stuff.
Most people stick to the web when using PHP, whereas languages like
Pascal, C and Python are actually USED to teach kids :^) )