2004 Mar 09 20:34

[vox] Free Linux Computer

Title: Message
That's right, I am giving away - absolutely free a Dell computer (built in the early '90s.)

Its a Dell Optiplex GS+ 5200. Here are the specs:

  • Blazing fast Pentium 1 architecture running at 200MHz
  • 32MB of RAM
  • 2 full Gigabytes of hard drive storage
  • 2MB Video Card
  • A 15" Dell Triniton Monitor
  • 101-Key Keyboard
  • Mouse
The system works. I will include a copy of Redhat Linux 5.1 for you to install on it.

All that you need to do to win this crown jewel is to vote for Badmouth in the Dotties People's Choice Award. When you enter your e-mail address, the site sends you a confirmation e-mail. Forward that e-mail to me at this address john@badmouth.net.

I'll take it on faith that you went ahead and voted for Badmouth.

To prove my ideological purity, I will note that Badmouth is regularly updated via my laptop, which is runing Redhat 9 using the Gimp and Bluefish. I also pissed Microsoft off so much a few years back, that they sent two goons from Redmond down to try and get me fired.

This is a verifiable story. Kendrick will back me up on this.

Rules: Badmouth will ship the computer to my porch in Sacramento. If you want the computer shipped farther than my porch, you'll have to arrange to pick it up. I mean it. No shipping to Texas or Belgrade. My porch. That's it.

You can enter as many times as you like, but remember, only one entry per e-mail address, both for this contest and the Dotties voting.

Please forward this to as many people as you can think of. I'd like to make a decent showing in the People's Choice Award this year, and my wife would like for me to get this computer out of the house.

John Marcotte

Biznerds Consulting Group