2004 Mar 05 10:14

Re: why gentoo (was: Re: [vox] Fwd: Re: Ticket [20040115430005953] Licensing)

On Friday 05 March 2004 08:27 am, Jonathan Stickel wrote:
> That said, Gentoo is not for true beginners.  The installation is
> command line based, but goes OK if you carefully follow the instructions
> available on the website.

I'm also a happy Gentoo user, but would caution that the
benefit of staying more up-to-date takes some added time
investment.  For example sometimes an upgrade will leave you
with a bunch of configuration files to fix up.

Also I have run across a couple of issues that were not
adequately covered in the documentation, but the Gentoo
forums were helpful in getting answers.

-- Rod