2004 Mar 04 22:45

[vox] Fwd: Re: Ticket [20040115430005953] Licensing

I contacted SuSE regarding licensing and this is what
they had to say:

SUSE LINUX AG <info+20040115430005953@suse.com>
wrote:From: SUSE LINUX AG
To: Trevor Lango
Subject: Re: Ticket [20040115430005953] Licensing
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2004 18:46:47 +0100 (CET)

Dear Mr Trevor Lango,

Many thanks for your inquiry to our SUSE PreSales
Service and your
interest in SUSE LINUX.

You wrote:
> I purchased SuSE 9.0 Professional. Does the
licensing allow me to let other people use it to
install SuSE?

Yes indeed, BUT only for free! ONLY for FREE! You have
to give it away
without to get money for that, please have a look at:

http://www.suse.com/en/private/support/licenses/yast.html

So: Novell/SUSE is the one and only who can sell SUSE
LINUX...

[snipped for clarity]

Thank you for your cooperation.

Kind regards,

SUSE PreSales-Team
Lars Köke

--
SUSE LINUX AG Tel: +49-(0)180-5003612 (Germany)
888-8754689 extension 5088 (US)

With that said, I am perfectly willing to donate SuSE
9.0 Professional (box set with cd's, dvd, and books)
to LUGOD. Personally, I have moved on to Gentoo (which
is the best linux experience I have ever had! ;-)